Chad Rennaker recently purchased a 1937 Route 66 motel and not only restored the motel to its original charm, but he also converted select rooms into a gathering space for area merchants. The result is a Route 66 destination that allows travelers not only a place to stay, but also a place to sample the local food and crafts from the region. Join Route 66 host Anthony Arno as he talks with Chad about restoring the El Vado Motel in Albuquerque, NM.
- Chadd’s personal background in real estate
- Earliest memory of Route 66 & El Vado
- Old buildings having a soul
- Most interesting discovery in restoring the El Vado
- El Vado neon sign preservation
- Supporting local businesses with the El Vado restoration
- Upcoming projects in the area for Chad