The latest episode features the release of the book, ABC, What Do You See? Rolling Along Route 66 with author Annette Murray and illustrator Joyce Cole.
Don’t mistake this book as a simple picture book for pre-schoolers! ABC, What Do You See? Rolling Along Route 66 is full of whimsical illustrations and lyrical language, having true appeal for both young and old fans of Route 66. The book is educational, introducing readers to geography, art, architecture, weather, wildlife and many other wonders waiting to be discovered on the 2,448-mile highway.
- Earliest memory of Route 66
- Joyce’s role with the Route 66 Passport
- Annette’s teaching career and early love of reading
- Origin of ABC, What Do You See? Rolling Along Route 66 and how the author and illustrator met
- Annette reads from her favorite page
- Joyce shares her favorite illustrations
- The planning phase during a worldwide pandemic
- Writing a Children’s book versus and Adult book
- Writing Challenges in relating Route 66 in ABC order instead of traveling from Chicago to Santa Monica
- The challenging letters along Route 66: Q, X, and Z
- Are there any stops in the book that would be new for the typical Route 66 fan?
- Settling on a cover image for ABC Book
- Sequence of book drafts before being finalized for printing
- The book publishing process
- When Annette and Joyce met for the very first time
- Promotional game plan for ABC Book
- Book publishing challenges and rewards
- Annette’s family connection to Tulsa Mayor
- Visiting Route 66 Visitors Museum & Gift Shop in Pontiac