The final segment of a three part series featuring The Fred Harvey Company. Route 66 Podcast talks with former Fred Harvey employees, including twins Bernette Jarvis (left) Beverly Ireland (right) and Toni Pachinko.
Former Harvey Girl twins Bernette and Beverly at at recent Fred Harvey weekend gathering in Santa Fe, NM.
CBS Sunday morning featuring the life of Fred Harvey and former Harvey Girls Bernette Jarvis and Beverly Ireland. Clips included from the annual Fred Harvey weekend in Santa Fe, NM.
Las Vegas, New Mexico
- Reaction to Julie Garland movie, The Harvey Girls
- What it means being related to Fred Harvey
FRED HARVEY EMPOLYEES
- Bernette and Beverly leave Minnesota at the age of 18 searching for adventure
- Father promises them a new horse if they return back home
- Tracing Route 66 to the Southwest
- When was the first time they heard of Fred Harvey?
- Mr. Williams – LaFonda Manager
- Harvey Girl Training
- Expectations and Rules of employees
- Harvey House uniforms
- Famous customers
- The twins reveal the day a customer took them shopping
- Social life for a Harvey Girl
- New found celebrity status of being a former Harvey Girl
- Lifelong Skills as a Harvey Girl
Angel Delgadillo playing the saxophone as captured by Route 66 Podcast fan Nick Fiore of Colorado
Allan Affeldt restores former Fred Harvey buildings
Fred Harvey biographer Stephen Fried