As the founder of American Giants, Joel Baker has a passion for visiting and restoring the fiberglass statues that were once part of the American landscape. These giants are commonly referred to as Muffler Men, and Route 66 has just a few of the 150 that Joel has personally visited and maybe even restored.
Join Joel on The Route 66 Podcast as he talks about how he first became interested in these historical figures and the YouTube Channel highlighting Joel’s travels around the country in search of these Muffler Men (and women).
American Giants Website – Joel Bakers restoration site that contains video assorted pictures and videos of his travels to Muffler Men
- The very first Muffler Man Joel set eyes upon and how his fascination began
- The origin of The Muffler Men at International Fiberglass Company
- Some of Joel’s most favorite Muffler Men still in existence
- Tell tale signs to identify an original Muffler Man
- Some of the very unusual Muffler Men (and women)
- Joel’s Youtube Channel featuring his restoration of Muffler Men
- Joel’s favorite Fiberglass Giants
- The mass army production of 300+ Texaco Big Friends as a marketing plan (only 4 exist today)
- The most unusual and odd Muffler Men still around today